Salem Metal Inc
- The ideal Candidate is dependable, positive attitude, and able to work independently.
- He/She is able to multi-task in a fast paced environment as well as demonstrate an initiative for success and a positive work environment.
- Job would be 39.5 hours a week, 7:30am to 3:30pm M-F. There is opportunity for OT with this position when available.
Qualifications & Skills:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with TIG welding of thin gauge aluminum, steel, and stainless steel
- Experience reading drawings, welding symbol identification, and tolerances.
- Holds torch at proper angle to metal and guides along weld joint, applying filler rod to molten area to form weld.
- Welds along vertical or overhead weld lines.
- Positions parts in jigs or fixtures on bench or floor, or clamps parts together along layout marks.
- Selects torch, torch tip, filler rod and flux, according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of metal.
- Connects regulator valves and hoses to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders, and welding torch.
- Turns regulator valves to activate flow of gases, lights torch and adjusts gas mixture and pressure, to obtain desired flame.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Repairs broken or cracked metal objects, fills holes, and builds up metal parts.
- Lays out, positions, and tack welds workpieces.
- Scarfs or grooves weld prior to applying filler metal.
- Cleans or degreases parts.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- MIG welding experience is a plus but not required
- Precision Sheet Metal experienced preferred
- Basic computer skills required
** Salem Metal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.