- Prepares materials, accessories and equipment for Paints, lacquers, or varnishes manufactured articles on production floor, may use spray painting equipment. Cleans grease and dirt from product, using materials, such as lacquer thinner, turpentine, soap, and water. Grinds, sands, buffs, and performs other necessary preparation work prior to painting.
Qualifications & Skills:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Handling of electrostatic powder coating of products in a spray booth according to specifications.
- Ability to spray a powder to the correct thickness range, good standard.
- Versatility in spraying a range of products from large flat surfaces, awkward profiles and overcoat rejected powder coated parts.
- Will also be responsible for racking and preparation of products prior to powder coating.
- Maintain all quality systems in order to meet production targets.
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions.
- Safety protocols will be followed at all times.
Applies powder coating to metal products according to production standard.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must demonstrate an initiative for success and a positive work environment, be dependable, motivated, and able to work independently.
- Familiar with Polyurethane Enamel Coatings (Sherwin Williams). Provide quality and consistency to cosmetic surface finishes.
- Experience using HVLP Spray Equipment
- Basic computer skills required
- Microsoft Outlook (or other email platform) experience required
** Salem Metal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.