Salem Metal Inc
- Grinds, files, or sands surfaces of metal items using orbital sander, disc grinder, pedestal grinder, stroke sander.
- Grinds and finishes sheet metal product after welding operation.
- Removes dents and fills uneven surface with molten solder.
- Smooths surface of item to specified finish.
- Polishes metal surface.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess a keen attention to detail for quality craftsmanship of finished product.
- Must be familiar with a variety of hand tools required for the position.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Reliable and able to work independently.
- Other tasks as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior finishing/grinding experience in the sheet metal industry preferred.
- Prior finishing/grinding experience in the sheet metal industry preferred but willing to train the right candidate.
- Familiar with a variety of hand tools (orbital sander, disc grinder, pedestal grinder, stroke sander).
** Salem Metal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.