The Maintenance and Facilities Technician is responsible for all equipment maintenance and repairs both within the facility, and equipment and repairs that are part of the facility. The Maintenance and Facilities Technician is the first point of contact for team leaders and team members on equipment and facility issues, reporting to the Production Manager and Leadership Team to maintain all assets at peak operating conditions for the employees of Salem Metal, Inc. The role includes troubleshooting and identifying issues and solutions, and interfacing with select suppliers where needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with light carpentry, plumbing, and electrical systems, and “standard work” troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Good general mechanical aptitude and demonstrated experience troubleshooting equipment issues.
- Willingness to get hands dirty, and implement solutions as directed by others.
- Experience working independently and with a team to deliver solutions to internal customers.
- Awareness and knowledge of 5S principles, ERP systems and processing, work order generation and closure, basic costing and quoting, and project management.
- Experience adhering to and developing “best practices” utilizing LEAN thinking.
- Coordinate daily with internal personnel in manufacturing, operations, administration, and site leadership to ensure tasks are performed as expected.
- Ability to understand the manufacturing process that transforms raw material to finished products.
- Participate in training, kaizen events, and equipment upgrades. On occasion, install equipment with supporting team members and contractors.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter, competitive and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented, organized, able to multi-task.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and OEM documentation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- 3-5 years relevant maintenance and/or facilities experience.
- 2-year or 4-year degree preferred but not required.
Why Work at Salem Metal?
- Core values of Safety, Quality, Integrity, Accountability, Collaboration, and Continuous Improvement
- Day shift working hours (7AM-3:30PM M-F) with overtime available, Part time, Full time, hybrid & remote flexible positions depending on business function
- Air-conditioned, new, custom-built state-of-the art facility.
- A caring, people-centered environment, with company leadership on site daily.
- Opportunity to grow as our company grows. Your contributions make a difference!
- Quality equipment, machinery, and tools to work with. Build your skills and learn from experts in their chosen field.
- Company celebrations, recognition events, annual bonus – people are what make the difference on our team.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Company-matching 401(k) on the first 3% of your pay with an additional 1/2 % on 4th and 5th percentage contributions – all with 100% full vesting
- Medical benefits – choose between 5 different health plans and deductibles, from employee, employee + spouse, employee + child, and Family plans
- Dental & Vision benefits, Disability, Life Insurance, Tuition reimbursement & more
** Salem Metal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.